Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Toe Fungus?

I've been to the doctor.. and they gave me a precription for ';penlac'; which my insurance doesn't cover. I don't really want to take the pill that is out there, due to the fact that I'm afraid to death of damaging my liver.


Is their anything else I can do to get rid of this?????Toe Fungus?
I was told by a nurse, to use Vick's on the toe nail, I did and it worked for me. The same kind of Vick's used when you have a stuffy nose, I have no idea why it works it just did, Just rub it on the affected toe nail, every night when you go to bed.Toe Fungus?
If this is toenail fungus, the only way at present to get rid of it is oral medication. This is because the fungus is in the nail bed, which is very difficult for medicines to penetrate from the outside. (You can try things like Vicks but don't expect much.) Your doctor should have arranged periodic blood tests to monitor your liver function, and would stop the medication if there were any problems. I have had the same condition for some time now. In the past, the oral medication worked, but there is a tendency for the fungal infection to return. Now, I just ignore it.
no i would say take what the doctor gave you. Remember he went to school for a long time to become a doctor and what he says is best for you. Id take it if i was you even though your insurance doesnt cover it. hope this helps


take care
Any reputable doctor who is going to put you on the fungus medication will closely monitor your liver function. I had to take Diflucan for 6 months and was checked every 4-6 weeks and got rid of the fungus infection %26amp; still have a healthy liver. There are supposed to be some ';natural'; cures out there for this condition, but don't know if any of them really work. This is a tough thing to get rid of.
I dont know if this is the same thing. But I had some kind of problem with both feet. Itched like I didnt know the human body could itch. I would wash them with T-Gel therapeutic shampoo. Be very sparingly, because it is really strong stuff. My feet would also crack at the bend from the toes to the foot. I then used lubriderm lotion, and wrapped my feet in plastic bags before putting on socks and shoes. To this day, I still wrap them in plastic before putting on socks. But I do not have any itching or cracking. Good luck!
  • loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment